Do you hug other women's husbands? Do you find it disrespectful when a women who is not related to you husband, hugs him? Like your cousin who doesn''t even know him that well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't like any women hugging my cousin, unless they are related to him some how
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm married and I don't hug other men. I hug my dad, and my BIL but only because HE hugs me. I've never been much of a "hugger" regardless, but it makes me a little uncomfortable to do it since I am now married. If it were family hugging my hubby I'm not sure it would bother me much, but other women would bother me, at least a little. He tells me if he runs into old friends and they hug him at the store or something if I'm not with him, because he doesn't feel right about it either.
    Anonymous

• not really my best friend sat on my hubbies lap at her wedding lol but then again we were all very drunk haha
    Anonymous

• It depends really. I've had guy friends that I've known since childhood, and now that I moved away when I see them I hug them regardless of whether they're married. I know most of their wives though and if any of them ever had a problem with it I'd stop. My husband is very affectionate when he sees somebody he hasn't seen in a while and will hug them, and it doesn't bother me because I know that's how he expresses himself. If it's someone he doesn't know, then yea I'd be on the defensive. I would tell your cousin that you find it disrespectful that she's touching your husband in a way you're not comfortable with and tell her to stop. Also tell your husband it makes you uncomfortable.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i am okay with other women hugging my husband, i guess because i trust him. i am uncomfortable hugging other men, even if they are married to my friends.
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't have a problem with others hugging my Dh. Because I trust him. There are 2 different hugs: one arm "friendly" hug and the both arms "special" hug.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hug some of my friend's husbands. Usually immediately after hugging my friend. My best friend and her husband always hug me and my kids when we leave their house. But, they are older than I am and since my parents have passed away they have sorta taken over the parent/grandparent role for us. So hugging him is a lot like hugging my own dad....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 5:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No problem at all with other gals hugging my husband. In fact, our 78 year old dry cleaner pinched his bum last weekend! When people (couples) come over for dinner, I hug both the wife and husband. Is that strange? I don't like to hug but if I don't do it, they'll hug me first. Hmmm, now I have to think about this!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hug men and he hugs women, they are mostly our friends. I don't think it is a big deal mostly. If it is quick friendly hug then who cares? But if it was a long rub her tits and body all over him kinda hug...she better step off, because I am going to kick her ass. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Are we just talking about the hello/goodbye quick hug/cheek kiss? Of course I don't mind that. I have to assume you all mean something a bit more?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009