what do you think when you see a couple and the man is shorter than the woman?

have you or would you ever date someone shorter than you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I would think (if I took the time to think at all, LOL!) that their relationship is based on love for each other, that they are confident in their feelings for each other and that they don't care what I think. big smile mini 

doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• that man is shorter than his wife.
    Anonymous

• I like men who are taller than me for sure....but that doesn't mean I judge anyone else whose husband is shorter than them. Not my business.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 4:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i don't think anything. my dad is shorter than my mom. lol but my husband is 6'3 and i'm 5'6
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I know what you mean it is a little funny looking. Society places height with strength, making it hard for short men. I have know some adorable short men, but I'm only 5'1" so I don't think I could date someone who is only 4 ft something...

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I did try to date someone shorter than me it was kinda uncomfortable for me, I like my guys taller. My hubby is only 1 inch taller. but really thats just me. When it comes to someone else who cares?
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I dated a shorter man once, and it made me feel less feminine to be the taller person in the couple. So, for me it was not a comfortable situation.

My BIL is shorter than my sister, and the only thing I think about is whether their kids will be tall or short.
    Anonymous

• My man is 5'5", I'm 5'8". We've been happily together for four years and counting!

As with many things, it's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

We are very traditional in our gender roles and I have never felt "unfeminine" around him...ever.

He's athletic and very good at throwing me over one shoulder. =P
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009