• In the Spotlight:

????

What do you think of when you think of a CNA.

Blazinn

Asked by Blazinn at 5:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Nursing home.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• nursing home, hospital. Have you ever been one? Are you thinking baout it? I got my license a couple of years ago to work a second job adn make extra money. It didn't last long. Aroung here they are paid practically nothing @ $7.00/ hr, and they get the grunt work. i don't know if that is normal pay or not but i didn't stay with it. Good Luck though
    Anonymous

• You may as well get a job working with the developmentally disabled population. You can work without much "education" and get the same pay.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Hard Work, dedicated person, not like everyone else. unique and caring.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was a CNA and I think of getting treated like crap. I loved helping people, but you do get treated pretty bad and most people are really fake and don't appreciate the work you do.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Someone that makes relatively good money for a little bit of training- but if they do their job right it's not easy. I also think of my twin sister since she is a CNA.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Wiping up sh*t...seriously.I did it and it sucked.I was paid 9.00 and changed diapers,emptied commodes, washed elderly and sick, cleaned up vomit....see where I'm going with this?I am sooo happy that part of my life is over LOL
    mommy020608

Answer by mommy020608 at 3:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• poverty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I had a friend that did it freelance and she charged $10 an hour. She prefered working in a family situation (personal care) and not at a nursing home (politics and overwork). There are placement agencies in our area that send CNA's out, but my friend did word of mouth and flyers and business card placement.

Having a mom who needs that kind of care now, makes me grateful for all the people that help her.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 3:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2009