Which date is more accurate?

Okay, my doctor said 8-7-09, however when i went for my FULL ultrasound the doctor pinned me at 34 weeks! I dont know whether to believe the ultrasound or the doctor. The baby seems to have dropped so that would make me closer to the 34 weeks. However, if I was 34 weeks along with my last doctors appointment, that would mean that I am now 36 weeks! Im so confused?

WalkerBaby1

Asked by WalkerBaby1 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you know when you concieved? If you dont, do you have a regular cycle? Here's a link for you

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1484912/The_Lie_of_the_EDD_Due_Date

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The first one is, the most accurate one would come from an early ultrasound. By the time your baby hit's 20 weeks gastational age it starts growing and gaining weight at it's own speed.In early pregnancy the growth is pretty uniform because cells are splitting and organs are developing. Full term babies can be anywhere from 5-12 pounds.
    Anonymous