Pagan friends ...

Do YOU have a magick/craft name? You dont need to tell me what it is, of course. I know they can be very sacred. Do you have more then one? Any process in which you'd feel comfortable discussing on how you got your name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love the way Sabrina put it. That's sort of how it is with me, though on one or two sites that is my screen name. My name that I've found at this point, I think, is more just for me to use in the Pagan community, so I'm not completely opposed to telling someone what it is (my husband knows it, but he's the only person I've told). I am however iffy about telling someone what it is because even to me it sounds a little cliche, but it's composed of two words that have always been special things to me, only spelled a little differently because the way they are spelled (my way) lines up numerically with other numbers of mine (like my birth name, DOB, etc.).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I have one. I havent used it yet in magickal workings.
    I was always told that if something popped up 3x it was meant to be yours.
    Thats how I got mine, it was something odd that just spoke to me and Id never have thought of it in a bazillion years but there it was all over the place.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I do not have one. One has not come to me or felt right and I have been practicing for a few yrs now. I feel in time if I am to have one one will come to me...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't have one, never really saw the need to even come up with one. Could be I've been a solitary, but I don't really see why one would be needed.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't have one either. I haven't really been looking for one, either. I guess I feel the same way as gmasboy, if I am meant to have it, I'll find it eventually.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes I have one...it just came to me during meditation.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have one, I have used it since I was a young child and it's something that has always meant a lot to me even though there is no reason for it too. When I take on that persona it's like I am turning on an entirely different person. I originally used it as my online and stage name but as I transformed from a "teen witch" to a true Pagan the name's place in my life did as well...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009