Root canal

Have any of you ladies had to have a Root Canal? What was it like? How bad does it hurt? I have to have one and im super nervous... I have no clue what to expect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Health

• I have had one. It didn't hurt at all. It was far better than the pain I was having before and that toothache was far worse than labor. I would take a root canal anyday. I went right to work after and was answering the phone and helping check out customers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• They aren't as bad as people make them out to be. No pain during, unless your dentist didn't do his/her job right and then some minor jaw pain from holding your mouth open so long and wide. You really don't need to be nervous, try and relax :)
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The dental surgeon will have done many of these and knows just what to do and will tell you if you feel any pain to let them know. The hardest part is holding your mouth open that long, at least it was for me. And they have these rubbery things that they can put between your teeth to help you hold your mouth open if you need them.

Answer by Bmat at 6:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would never get another one.. Mine lasted two hours and i was in sever pain during it . They drilled to far into my jaw bone and it got infected. I rather have mine pulled !! Make sure to research them ALOT!!
    Anonymous

• Don't listen to anon...she is the minority. If you are hurting during, it is because he didn't use enough number...just tell him and get some more.I was infected before the root canal. I had antibiotics for a wekk before. I would rather endure a little drilling pain than that toothache...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2009