Foreclosure and enlisting in the Air Force

Can a foreclosure (due to unemployment for a year) negatively affect enlisting in the Air Force? Can dh still be an AF pilot with a foreclosure on his record? Other than the foreclosure I think dh's chances of being a pilot are pretty good, he has lots of flight time and training and meets all health/physical requirements. I'm worried he will have no chance at all of being a pilot just because of our foreclosure. Is it case by case or is it hopeless?

beckybee380

Asked by beckybee380 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband, who is in the Navy, says that a check will be done and the foreclosure will come up, but they will ask him what the circumstances of the foreclosure were.
    If he needs a certain level of security clearance to become a pilot, then it may negatively impact that, but with the economy affecting many things nowadays, and if the unemployment can be proven to be unavoidable, then they may start him at a lower clearance and periodically check his credit to be sure there aren't any other negative reports.
    I wish you well. I hope he gets a straight answer when it is time for him to join and then gain clearance.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009