stereotypes..

What is something someone automatically assumes about you, just because of your race?
Good or bad.. And does it bother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a cop and when someone finds out what I do for a living the first thing I am asked is if I have handcuffs. Never fails. I just ask them if they think I somehow missed being issued them at the station when all the gear was passed out. Some people are really bright.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 5:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• People assume that I'm a pushover because I'm a "big" girl. As if they can just talk about me willy nilly and that my self esteem is too low for me to fight back.
    People assume that I have no morals because I'm agnostic.
    People assume I'm loose because I had a child at 20.
    People assume I'm stupid because I didn't go to college right out of high school.
    People assume that I'm "emo" because I wear black-rimmed glasses and eyeliner.
    People assume that I'm pro-death because I'm pro-choice.
    People assume that I'm an idiot because I'm a liberal.

Oh, I could go on and on and on...
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• "the first thing I am asked is if I have handcuffs."

ZOMG LYKE MRS. POLICEWOMAN, DO YOU LYKE...HAVE...HANDCUFFS?! LOLOLOL
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I know right? There was always some genius. Then just for giggles I would check for warrants on the idiot that had to ask. So then when dispatch came back and advised if they did have warrants then I got to show the jerk that I did have handcuffs and just how we use them....even us girl cops.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The EMO THING KILLS ME!!!

Gawd Just because I dye my hair black does not mean I am goth or emo, I just think I look good with dark hair. I REALLY HATE WHEN PEOPLE CALL ME EMO!!!

Also and I have just been getting this one recently and it blows my mind, when people find out I am from Texas and I have lived here all my life they say "oh wow so your parents must have really hated minorities." Did I miss something? Were my parents beat to an inch of thier lives everyday by minorities? No they were not. Can someone tell me why people say this about my parents? 'cause I just don't get it.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• People always seem to think that I fight. It's the "all black girls like to argue and fight in the streets". I am grown ass woman okay! The only thing that will make me fight these days is someone coming at my child sideways.

Just because I'm atheist doesn't mean I don't have morals. NO! I am not "just angry at god"! How can I be angry at that which does not exist?

NO YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER! I did not have a child with a white man just to have a "pretty mixed baby". Though the child is gorgeous, I had her with him because we were in love and we wanted to start a family.

I don't mind that I had a child at 20, why do you? I have not missed out on a damn thing and my life is far from ruined, in fact, it's a life more worth living with her in it.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• im an athiest too, and people think i worship the devil!!!!!
    i wear tyedye so im obviously a hippie right?
    im too stern with my kids so im a bad mom
    i listen to hip hop so im a "gangster"
    uggg people drive me crazy, too many judgemantal people out there.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Im mexican so people assume I :
    1. am a wetback
    2. live on PA
    3. clean houses for a living
    4. Live in a small house with 20 other relatives!
    And the list can go on and on...
    Some people can be just idiots! And it doesn't bother me... I just SMILE n PROVE them WRONG!!!
    Anonymous