Pagans, is your religion

also your way of life? How much time and energy do you spend being spiritual in your every day routine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am more of an inward type worshipper as well. I pray and do my devotional silently in the morning before I get going. I try to show the love of Mother and Father God through my actions, but I don't wear my religion on my sleeve.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• For the most part I don't obsess about it. I conciously recycle, I do devotionals to the Goddess. But I do good things because I care about my fellow human and animal, not to praise any God or Goddess.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We have 12 to 13 Esbats a year, study on a regular basis. Each month we have an average of 4 -8 rituals dependng on the month. And 8 holidays in our year.I would say yes, we are a very spiritual ppl and it is part of our daily lives bt bc our religion is more isolated we do have to work harder to make it so. My daughter will be joining a pagan preschool this year and I am hoping that will provide me with the resources to make things clearer to her.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 7:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Mines more internal and trying to be kind and respectful.
    Sabbats and devotional to my Goddess/God are things Im working on doing more. I feel that they feel my energy and love and respect for them w/o anything outwardly. However, Im sure the extra effort is appreciated too LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• How much time and energy do you spend being spiritual in your every day routine?

How do you separate one from the other?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I guess I really don't seperate them. I just look at it as my actions reflect my spiritual drive. If I am mean and heartless, then I am heartless and mean in my spirit, but if I am kind and caring in my actions, my spirit is also kind and caring. And I aslo forgot to mention that I keep an open convo going with my guide.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OP here
    NotPanicking
    I LOVE your response. and that is exactly how i feel. But i believe we are of different paths. Would you mind telling me what path you follow so that i can learn more about it.
    I have recently discovered i might be more Eclectic then i once thought. lol
    Anonymous

• I dont seperate. What I am spiritually and as a human being is reflected in my daily life and doings.

I dont have a routine of my spirituality. If I were to do a daily devotional in front of my altar it probably would only be a few minutes simply because of things that need doing in my daily life(like feeding my kids and such).

My spirituality is internal...its reflected when I help an old lady cross the road or give to a homeless beggar or when I give clothes to Goodwill,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Would you mind telling me what path you follow so that i can learn more about it.

http://thetroth.org/

Keep in mind, Heathen is only pagan by defnition.  The best comparison I've heard is Pagans are the Democrats and Heathens are the Republicans ;)

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm kind of an "Elemental Witch"...I try to focus on a different Element each day.

Monday= Earth...wear green, weed the garden or turn the compost, eat "Earthy" foods
    Tuesday= Air...wear yellow, dust and vacuum, "Airy" (aromatic) foods
    Wednesday= Fire...wear red, scrub the kitchen, "Firey" (spicy) foods
    Thursday= Water...wear blue, clean the bathroom, Seafood on the menu
    Friday= Spirit...wear purple, sweep and mop the floors, something special for supper
    Saturday= Goddess...wear something "Feminine", grocery shopping, something easy for supper
    Sunday= God...wear white, laundry, soup and salad for supper

(I know, I know...Monday should be for the Lady...the Moon Goddess...as Sunday is for the Solar God...but that's just how my week falls...)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009