Is organic food really all it's cracked up to be when it comes to babyfood? Or does it not really matter

My daughter is breastfed however she takes 4 ounces of organic formula mixed into her breastmilk every day because i work full time. I want to know if organic baby food an organic cereal is the best choice for her. I also want to know if so than which brand is the best? I would just make her food for her however her daycare only allows sealed containers of baby food nothing that is already opened. for health reasons.

bromajamama

Asked by bromajamama at 6:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Anonymous

• For me, I prefer to use as many organic products as possible for two main reasons:
    1. Fewer chemicals going into my family's bodies
    2. Fewer chemicals going into the soil

Buying organic products is a decision you need to make as a family. As far as it being all it's cracked up to be... Organic products are better for your body and the planet. Whether or not that's important to you is up to you, of course.
    Also, I don't buy all organic. We can't afford to do that but I buy as much as possible.
    Anonymous

• I missed the whole organic thing with my kids, they are 9 and 18, so I would say it is over rated, they were raised on formula (I never got any breastmilk) and when they were older, they had Gerber cereal and I mashed up food from my plate. In my opinion, baby food is over rated and overpriced. You can make your own for no more than it costs to feed yourself.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Some of my son's food has been organic but a lot of it isn't. He can't tell the difference and health wise he's perfect so although I agree with the less chemicals in the body thing I think overall it really doesn't make a difference.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• All right, I know im going to get crap for this answer but here it is:Personally, I feel organics are not worth the money. If you do your research, they still use pesticides, just "natural" pesiticides like zinc etc. which can actually do more harm than government approved chemicals. Organic products are not regulated. So you really do not know what is ending up in there. Pesticides have a "caution label" (the same as your cleaning products) at full strenghth. However...the pesticide is diluted to a minimum of 1/1000th of its original strenghth before being applied. The thing i do like about organic products is that they tend to contain fewer inredients i cannot pronounce :) overall though you are just paing an average of 2 or3 dollars more for a product that truly is no better!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• organic is always best, for everybody.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Earth's Best is a line of all organic baby food/formula/cereal that is around the same price as Gerber, and some products are even a few cents cheaper.
    sarahshoe2

Answer by sarahshoe2 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2009