36wks pregnant but only measuring at 31wks?

I am VERY worried, but my doc is not?? Should I request a ultrasound? I was on the thin size pre-preggo...5'6 114lbs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you're losing weight. If you are 36w but measuring at 5 weeks less than what you are pregnant that would tell me you're losing weight. Do babies run small in your family? Might be something genetic. Ask your mom if you were the same way when she was pregnant with you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If she is worried about your size she will order your an ultrasound. They did for me b/c I was 3 weeks big but they waited till I was almost term and I had been measuring big almost the entire time.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my last ultrasound at 20 weeks, the lady said the baby was measuring bigger than what it should be at that time and she said the doctor probably wont change the due date though because from then on its just genetics on how big they are so maybe you are just gonna have a small baby

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2009