my 3 mnth old is having a reallyhard time pooping1

she pushes so hard she sounds like she is gasping for air and turns purple and then she cries in pain but nothing comes out i have given her warms baths and some dilluted apple juice but nothing is help what do i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her white karo syrup, a teasponful, in her formula, she'll be pooping again find by tomorrow evening.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• don't delute the apple juice or else it wont work, And some people on here may think this is crazy but my moms mom and my mom has been doing this and it works, and I did it on my boys to.
    Take a bar of soap and cut of a peice as long as your pinkey nail and not to thick and stick it in her butt and kind hold her cheeks together and that should help her poop and also give her some apple juice but dont delute it, I just had this problem with my 7 month old this weekend. Good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i used the karo cornsyrup, it really works wonders.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• white karo syrup, a teasponful of formula should o it..my son was going through the same i mean it was sad to see i had to do something and it worked...good luck i dont know about the soap thing but it sounds like it would kinda burn....and hurt but hey its on you....good luck
    Anonymous

• The Karo company itslef advises AGAINST using their product on babies due to botulism risk.

How is baby being fed? Any solids in the picture yet? If so, dump 'em...they cause constipation. Any changes in formula? Constipation can be a result of that as well.

If something has changed...change it back to what you were doing before the constipation started.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009