boy or girl?

i am going for my ultra sound tomorrow. i am 14 weeks. is there any way they can tell the sex of the baby this early. i have read a few things in pregnancy guides sayin yes they can but i want to know if any mothers on here have found out that early.
thanks alot!!

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 6:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard they can as well if they get a good shot of open legs! Hope the best for you mama!
    bekka106

Answer by bekka106 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Even if they do get a decent shot, I wouldn't go out and buy everything pink or blue. One outfit would be cute, but there have been many cases where an ultrasound done later at 18-22 weeks showed that the baby was actually a boy/girl.
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My dr just told me at my last appt that they cant tell that early. I am was at 16 weeks and he said that early the testies haven't dropped yet so they cant tell and any test that early is not accurate. I have to wait till 20 weeks for the US for that and everyone i know has had to wait till at least 19 weeks so dont get your hopes up to know the sex yet.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I was told 18-21 weeks. I was told too early with my 1st son that he was a girl and later found out it was a boy so i would just wait
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• dont get your hopes up, i have always been told 16-20 weeks. good luck.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• 18-22 weeks. Sorry momma, wait a little longer.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i don't think so, most mother's i know, don't get to know until there 16 week so they might be able to tell you but if not your'll have to wait until they schedule you for another ultrasound.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 7:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i found out i was having a boy at 16 weeks but my dr told me they can see the sex as early as 14 weeks ! so good luck......... IM 6 months prego with my forth now im having a girl!
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009