another formula ?uestion help plez

okay my son had been throwing up like his whole bottle since he was like 3 weeks young since he started drinking the formula from wic which was the same kind as he was eating at the hospital but for some reason he doesnt keep this down when he was at the hospital he ate and it stayed down w/o a problem,so my son had a doctors apt monday and the doctor wrote us a referral to wic asking them to change our formula from regular Lipil Emfamil to Prosobee formula..I asked her what Prosobee was and she told me that its is for babies with low iron and it is kinda sweet n soy based..I was like okay he need something to help with keeping the milk down. My mom say that the milke used to be darked and that they made the milk thin and maybe he needs something more with the milk to help it stay down like cerearl..But our doctore she syas its to early..i feel like theres no hope i need information what should i do? he is growing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is he? my daughter did this for a long time when she was little.... ER
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my daughter puked non-stop for the first 5 moths. DO NOT put cereal in hos bottle. he is way too young. as long as he is growing you dont have to worry, your dr. will keep an eye on it. some babies just spit up a lot!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had sort of the same problem, we just gave her 2oz then burped her/waited and gave some more. Also, we tried to not bounce her or anything like that for about an hour after she was done with her bottle.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Cereal is fine to put in a bottle. 1 teaspoon per 4 ounces. If he is spitting up all the time, it could be due to allergies. My daughter went through 7 formulas before we found the right one. Good luck!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• lactos
    Anonymous

• Maybe the stuff used in the hospital was pre-made liquid and you're using powder. There could be a difference some how.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 7:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my daughter did the same thing and still does it they say it will stop but their stomach needs to stretch it can stop anytime between 6-9 months. It was scary when she did it looked like she wasn't even getting any in and all was coming out but she was gaining weight and growing so they said not problem with it they watch it but never is an issue. She takes the emfamil Ar it is suppose to help with spitting up. Don't freak out unless they aren't gaining weight. My daughter has done this since she was born nothing happened at the hospital but it happened a few days after we brought her home. We just feed her two ounces at a time then would burp and has done that for ever we are now starting to let her just eat the bottle and she is almost seven months and it is getting better but slowly I'm not worried....
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 9:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009