How often is your baby in a swing?

My baby is 3 months old and she takes her longest nap in the afternoon in the swing (anywhere from 1-3 hours). Then she might spend another 40 minutes there in the evening taking a shorter nap. She doesn't sleep for long periods on her back (30-40 minutes) and at night she sleeps in her carseat so the swing gives me some nap time in the afternoon. I'm just curious to see how long other babies spend in their swing.

silvia316

Asked by silvia316 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son slept in his swing every night until he was almost 5 months old. It was the only way he would fall asleep and stay alseep. After he learned to sleep in his crib he rarely used the swing.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• she is in her swing probably a few times a day for about 10-20 min... she LOVES her swing
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Few times a day, 30-120min each time. He's only two months.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My oldest slept in his swing as little as possible. I didn't want to start a habit I would have to break later. Other than that, during his awake times, we'd put him in for about 10 minutes or so a few times a day. He loved it!!

My second HATED the swing so we got rid of it.

My third...wasn't expected, so with the swing gone, he was never in one.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009