Has anyone ever did anything to try predict the sex of your child?

I'm sure you've all pretty much heard of silly little "tests" that you can do at home to "determine" whether you will be having a boy or girl. I believe one is done with a ring on a piece of thread or a needle or something & if it swings it's one sex and if it spins it's the other. Another is something about having someone put different utensils under pillows & having the mother sit on whatever pillow she feels to go to [it's called like "mother's instinct" or something like that] & one is for a boy and the other for a girl. Well yesterday my friend told me about another silly one & she asked me if when I am getting ready to start my day if I feel like putting on makeup & getting all dressed up. She said that if you do then you will have a girl & if not then you're having a boy.

Has anyone ever heard of any of these?
Has anyone used any of these for fun? [If so which & were results accurate?]

yay4pink

Asked by yay4pink at 6:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My husband wanted to try the needle and thread thing when he heard about it but we never got around to it. One of his friend's mother has just guessed the sex of every baby she's known and has always been right, even with ours. Crazy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I thought about trying the intelligender test but I really don't want to be disappointed.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Ive just looked at old wives tale test and Chinese calendar predictor test and they were all wrong

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I did the chinese calender chart, not the test, and it was correct....when u do it ur supposed to add one year to ur actual age because in china they count ur birth date as one year because of the time spent in mommies belly
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I heard if you look ugly and miserable then it means your daughter is stealing your beauty lol and if you have a boy then you look really pretty.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 7:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I did the ring on a thread thing with my first one, and it correctly predicted I'd have a boy. I did the Chinese conception chart ( after I was pregnant, and I knew when I conceived) to see what I was having, and it was correct, another boy!!

My cousin actually did the Chinese conception chart to try and have a boy, and according to the chart ,she should have had a boy, but it was another girl!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I also heard the girl stealing your beauty tale, and several people told me I was having a boy, because I allegedly looked so pretty. I don't know, I sure didn't FEEL pretty!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009