VITAMINS??

i started taking prenatal vitamins when i found out i was pregnant, i took them up until about 18 weeks pregnant, now im 28 weeks and haven't been taking them.... they mess up my system really bad and make me feel awful. are vitamins absolutely neccesary during the whole pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ive been gaining weight perfectly according to my doctor, he says everything is perfect with the baby and he looks normal and shows no signs of deformities of the body or heart.. OP
    Anonymous

• i took them for a while, then i stopped. I think every situation is different, so you shouldn't base your decision on others, but i was perfectly fine, and so was my daughter when i was pregnant.

te dr knew i wasnt taking vitamins and okay'd it. I just ate healthy drank lots of water and liquids and i walked and exercised a lot
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It just helps the baby grow healthier and not rob them from you. I haven't been taking mine everyday either cause its really hard for me to take pills and I feel more tired all day and have no energy when I don't take them and I know its because the baby is just taking it from my body and draining me. my doctor told me with my 1st son you can take Flintstones if you can't get regular prenatals down but they just have less folic acid and stuff in them

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 6:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yes and no, there are cases were a mother was not taking vitamins and the baby was fine, but they give you vitamins, to help with teh baby's needs and your body's. i've been doing the same thing, you should talk to your doctor about changing your vitamins and what they do to you.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 7:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have been told that as long as you are healthy and get enough vitamins (especially calcium) from your food, then you should be fine.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I don't always eat great so I take mine everyday. I was getting sick from the ones my doctor prescribed in my first trimester so I bought so store brand ones that don't make me sick. My doctor also said I could try two flinstone vitamins a day.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009