Does everything happen for a reason?

Or do you believe in coincidence?

I believe everything happens for a reason. I may not always understand what that reason is OR understand the reason itself. But there are no coincidences in my life. This belief is helping me with my mothers recent death. So what do you believe and has it ever helped you in your life experiences?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I belive everything happens for a reason, I had things happend in my life that makes me belive that
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I believe it does to, just from personal experience.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• There is soemthing that happened to my this woman my Aunt knew- one morning she was on her way to work and ran into some construction and so was diverted to another road she never took. At this very same time, there was a grandmother and a 3 year old child riding a city bus on the same road a few cars ahead of her. The bus stopped, the door opened and the little girl ran right out into traffic with the grandmother chasing after. My aunt's friend hit both of them, killing them instantly.

For weeks, I would lie in my bed and think of all the things that had to line up in the univers for those deaths to happen. If only that woman had her house a minute later. If only there was no construction. If only the grandmother hadn't taken that particular bus to get where she was going... it was a chain reaction, but is it coincidence that it all lined up perfectly, or was it fate and meant to happen? I don't know...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i believe it. i like to think we are all connected in some way, be it small or great. not just coincidence.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I AM A GREAT BELIEVER OF THIS PHRASE, I ALSO BELIEVE THAT WE ALL HAVE OUR DESTINY TO UNFOLD, WE ALL HAVE OUR DAY MARKED AND WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.

Answer by older at 6:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Man... did I make a trillion speling errors in my comment or what? lol... it's so hot here my brain is frying in my skull and I can't think straight!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• And what would be the reason for small babies dying from lingering painful cancers?
    Clairwil

Answer by Clairwil at 7:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i don't beleive that everything happens for a reason or to really think hard about things why would you. Do you really beleive that there is a good reason for someone to get killed, that men beat their wives and thousands of children are abused. Or do you think there is a reason that half of the children born in africa have HIV. I don't think so. But in certain cases i do beleive in Devine Intervention. In the case of getting held up at home running late and finding out later that there was a big crash where you should have been. That may be Devine Intervention.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Clairwil,
    To teach. Those babies teach others love, forgiveness, compassion, understand, awarness ect ect. As does most death or tragic events. IMHO
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• The reason for all the bad things in life, is so that we can see, recognize and appreciate the good things in life. ...as well, as the other positive things that i listed before. **shrugs** maybe i'm just optimistic
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009