Can i call my daughters pediatrician and ask a question about something like i did when i was pregnant?

I have a question i need to ask my daughters pediatrician and i forgot to ask it yesterday when she had her check up.

Im pretty sure she has a yeast infection behind her ear. I clean her very well and alwas clean behind her ears, but im almost positive she has a yeast infection back there.

It has a weird smell to it, is red, looks a little peely, and had what looked like a liquid on it. now its crusting over.

its not a scent from her neck or anything, like that its definitely coming from her ear.

so any ideas on this would help, and am i able to call her pedi and ask what i can do for it? or does it not work like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yes, you can. You may just need to talk to the nurse and she could tell you what can be done or if you need to bring her back in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes, call the pediatrician. She may have a yeast infection, or eczema, or psoriasis. She may be in pain and can't tell you because she's too young. The doctor can recommend or prescribe a good cream or antibiotic that will clear it right up.
    Never feel guilty for being concerned about your child's health.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Sure enough - up to a certain age. :-/
    MinstrelMommy

Answer by MinstrelMommy at 12:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• As I said on your other post, if you can't call and ask your pediatrician a question then it's time to find a new pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• You might also find that your pediatrician has "walk in without an appointment" hours, as well as a "silly question" phone in hours!

My pediatrician's office offers both....you can walk in during certain hours and see a nurse, or call in and speak with the nurse if you have a concern or "not sure" type of question.

The only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• If you can't call your pediatricians office with any question about your child, serious or silly, then you need a new pediatrician. Chances are you'll end up talking to a nurse or nurse practicioner but they can tell you if it is something that needs to be seen right away or if their is something that you can do for it.
    luckcharm

Answer by luckcharm at 3:05 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• I agree. My peds. office has a "call back nurse" you leave a message and she calls in about 30min with your answer. She double checks your chart and with Dr. first. They even have an "after hours call back nurse" so It's a 24 hr service.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 24, 2009