Does anyone else have a very talkative girl? She would just not stop.

She (9) talks about everything and can not stop unless it is to take a breath. My teen son (14) gets upset. I try to help both but I too get fustrated sometimes. My son thinks she talks because she likes to hear herself speak. WDYT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter is 8 and can talk oin and on. My brain never gets to relax. I didn't realize how tense I was until I went to pick up my son and I was alone in the car. It was just so peaceful I didn't want to leave.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• mine is 7 and she talks non stop.lol.. it can be very frustrating. she has been like this since she was too. she even talks in her sleep lol wish i knew what to do, but my husband and I were BOTH talkers when we were young.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Mine was like that, she's 20 now. But for a very long time as soon as her eyes opened in the morning her mouth started moving and didn't stop til she went to bed. Thank fully she didn't talk in her sleep too! lol
    About the time she hit I think somewhere around 13/14 she stopped talking to me so much. I sort of miss it...now she barely speaks to me. I'm assuming that at some point she'll out grow this too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My daughter likes to talk so fast without taking breaths and its overly annoying. I am constantly saying, slow down and talk to me so that I can understand you. When she is around her friends its a gazillion times worse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• my son is the talker. good luck and let me know if you get any good responses. my son is 14 and since he started talking he has never shut up. never.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Thought you were in my house for a minute! LOL

I ignore them both, they are old enough to work out their own differences. I know what tones of voice and keywords to listen for, when I am doing this. Dh thinks I am crazy when they start playing around with each other, but I can tell the exact pitch of laughter they reach just before someone gets mad or hurt. He thinks I should intervene sooner, but then he's basically an only child. Honest, its probably a way for both of them to claim your attention. My sis and I did the same things, and occassionally still do.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Mine started talking at 7.5 months, is now 13, and sometimes stops talking when she sleeps.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009

• This is a good use for cell phones and girlfriends! (joking....sort of!) Of course, a house phone will do just as well.... Encourage her to spend some of that time and energy talking to a kindred spirit! Another girl her age who will appreciate her every thought and word!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2009