Potty Training a 2 y/o Girl

Ok, so my girl is 28 mos old and refuses to potty train. She is very smart, but she just won't do it. I tell her I want her to wear panties like a big girl or like mommy and she screams and runs away saying "I don't like the panties!!" Just right now as I was typing this, I reached down to check her and and she was dry, so I asked her if she had to go potty, she said yes, so we walked towards the bathroom and she relieved herself on the way. :( I do not know what to do. Do I just keep going this way, making her wear the panties and checking her and asking every so often if she has to go? Or do I wait until she is ready? lol TIA for all advice. (I am sure there are little details that I am forgetting at this time.)

xxwendybirdxx

Asked by xxwendybirdxx at 7:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter is the exact same age and we are potty training as well. i learned not to ask if she had to go before we were DIRECTLY in front of the toilet or the same thing happened!
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 7:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my daughter was almost 3 when she was fully potty trained - my son is now 26 mo. & i havent forced the issue w/ him yet - i figure they let us know when their ready.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009