Don't you just hate PAINFUL hiccups?

Holy crap, I thought I was going to keel over just now.

I was eating one of my grandma's homemade biscuits. I hadn't had anything to drink with it. All of a sudden I swallowed really hard and got painful, hard hiccups AAAUGH x.x

Luckily I was able to drag my nearly lifeless and limp body to the sink to fill up my water bottle in time :D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Those are the worst! I take a sip of vinegar and it never fails to squelch them.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I hate them! lol I've never tried vinegar.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL, it's not funny but it is. I get them so hard that I swallow air and immediately burp after the hiccup. LOL It's embarrassing and it hurts after a few minutes. Eating a heaping spoonful of peanut butter is the only thing that works for me.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• water is a myth, not the water part but the helping with hiccups part. hiccups is a change in breath and requires a change in breathing. i hate when i get painful hiccups and thankfully i haven't recently and at all dearing my pregnancy, especailly since, i'm already near the end and i don't want to have to deal with those pains and these pains and think i'm going intolabor like i already sometimes do.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 7:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I had them just the other day, I felt like passing out. As soon as I ate a spoonful of peanut butter they were gone, never fails.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009