How do you make sweet tea?

How many cups of water/ tea bags/ cups of sugar..... the sweeter the better :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Buy one of those tea makers at Wal-Mart. My friend gave me one and they're awesome. I put about 5 teabags in and half a cup of sugar, I like mine moderately sweet though so you might want to add more.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I put around 5 cups of water in a pot on the stove, with 5 bags of Lipton tea. Heat to a boil, turn off, let cool just enough I can handle it, and then pour into the pitcher with about 1/2-1 cup of sugar (or splenda, if its for me only. Add another 5 cups or so of water to cool it down and there you go.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I use the coffee pot to make mine. I use 5 regular tea bags for the pot I have (12 cup). When it is done I put in a cup of sugar in a pitcher and put it in the fridge.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 7:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I mean a recipie for like a gallon :) lol
    Anonymous

• I hope you don't live in the south cause you would be born knowing how to make sweet tea! Anyway just get a big pitcher and put about a cup or 2 of sugar at the bottom and then if you have family size tea bags boil 2 or if you have regular size boil about 4 in water and then pour that into the pitcher and stir it and then keep adding water to the pot with the tea bags so you get the most tea you can out of the bags and keep filling the pitcher up and stirring and then just fill the rest of the pitcher up until its full. then taste it if its not sweet enough add more sugar. you can buy tea makers at walmart and stuff too and it tell you what to do

charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 7:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Sweet tea and there so many ways to fix it.With me, I have to fix this everyday because of my husband and his worker LOVES it. I have a huge picher that has a spout on it and holds about 33 cups of water. But I take a huge pan and place about 14 tea bag with 16-17-cups of water , and let it boil. Then add 4-5 cups of sugar to the boiling tea if sugar is added when in the boiling water it requires one-half as much sugar if sweented when hot then cold. Stir and let it boil about 5-8 minutes more. I pour it in the container and add half water to half tea. Stir and place in fridge to cool. The boys just grab a huge glass of ice and the tea is gone in less then an hour.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 7:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yep I live in Flordia and I have a Flordian man...I had to learn quick about ice tea and how to make it.
    BrknWingAngel

Answer by BrknWingAngel at 7:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Only unsweet tea in this house. lol! But i use two tea bags in boiling water that is covering the bottom of my gallon jug. When it is steeped really dark I add the cold water and ice.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• yep, add the sugar to the water when it's boiling... or i just add it when i put it on the stove and then let it heat to boiling... that's the trick
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Get five of the family size tea bags and a pot of water and heat till it is boiling let stand 15 mins or so and get good and strong. Make a simple sugar syrup by boiling a cup and half of water and as much sugar depending on how sweet you like it I put about 3/4 to one cup of sugar per gallon of tea and mix together. The reason I use syrup it seems not not be bitter rather than just mixing the sugar with the tea. Add water if the tea is too srtong ENJOY with ice and lemon wedge!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009