Can i call my daughters pedi like i called my OBGYN when i was preg and ask a question?

I have a question i need to ask my daughters pediatrician and i forgot to ask it yesterday when she had her check up.

Im pretty sure she has a yeast infection behind her ear. I clean her very well and alwas clean behind her ears, but im almost positive she has a yeast infection back there.

It has a weird smell to it, is red, looks a little peely, and had what looked like a liquid on it. now its crusting over.

its not a scent from her neck or anything, like that its definitely coming from her ear.

so any ideas on this would help, and am i able to call her pedi and ask what i can do for it? or does it not work like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should be able to call the office at any time of day and ask the on-call nurse what you should do. If they think it's bad enough to warrant a doctor's visit, they'll schedule you for the next day, or ASAP.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i would call them
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yep you can give them a call.... they might have you talk to a nurse who will give advise or either leave a message for the doctor to call you tmorrow or page the doctor to call you tonight
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If you call and they say they can't help you, then you know it's time to find a new pediatrician.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would go to the hospital or schedule another appt .Its next to impossible to catch them after work, and during the day they are so busy that they won't call you back.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can call any doctor that you are a patient of, or that your child is a patient of.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009