• In the Spotlight:

What can I do if I have an eating disorder?

I've had a binge (no purging) eating disorder since, ohhh...I was maybe twelve years old. I've never really been open about it until now, at almost 21. I've told my therapist, I've told my parents, I've told anyone who will listen...but it seems like they don't understand.

Seems like they only care if you're anorexic or bulimic, not if you just overeat to the point of wanting to puke and then feel horrible about yourself afterwards.

Hmmm. I'm just not sure where to turn. I want to be healthy, but it's nearly impossible to have a healthy diet when you're a binge eater.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Health

• Tell me about it, I'm in the same boat, I was fine until I had my son, now I just can't control it, there are some days I will do fine but on my bad days that's all I want to do is eat sweets and crap
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• omg hun i''ve been down alllll those roads trust me.
    i was very overweight...about 264 and then i fell into anorexia and lost over a hundred pounds. i was down to 145-150. i was a size 6. i'm also 5'10 which made me stickly.

anyway, all i can say is eating disorders, no matter what kind u have involves binging.
    after anorexia i fell into bulimia. i loooooved eating and eating and eating till i got full...then i would throw it up

i've had times where i just binged and not thrown up many times as well.
    it's all about your emotional state. u need to love your body. take care of urself. ur binging because there's an empty feeling that you are trying to fill.
    try a healthy balanced diet, so u never feel starved and end up in a binge.
    u can message me if u want, i can help=]
    ashleyanderic

Answer by ashleyanderic at 7:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i did it to for the past few years, counselor said it made me feel safe!! the only way i stopped was the side effects of an unrelated medication made me not want to eat.
    Anonymous