PAIN

I AM SURE THIS IS COMPLETELY NORMAL BUT JUST WONDERING WHAT MIGHT BE GOING ON.....

I AM 33 WEEKS ALONG AND I HAVE STARTED HAVING BH CONTRACTIONS BUT TODAY I HAVE STARTED HAVING A SHARP PAIN IN THE VAGINAL AREA, IT IS NOT A CONSTANT PAIN. COULD SHE JUST BE STARTING TO DROP?? I GO TO THE DOCTOR ON THURSDAY.

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure what those are.. perhaps the baby dropping or pressing downward? I'm 35 weeks and I've had them for a bit. They are a pain, but not harmful as far as I can tell. Sorry I couldn't be more help but at least I can tell you that you aren't alone! :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Where do you feel the contractions?

In true labor the pain tends to begin high in your abdomen, radiating throughout your entire abdomen and lower back, or visa versa. In false labor the contractions are often concentrated in the lower abdomen and groin.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/falselabor.html

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009