Do you think the drinking age should be lowered to 18?

I mean, people are going to drink anyway, they'll just get someone older to buy it for them.

I say if you can enlist in the Army and die for your country at 18, if you can purchase a weapon at 18, if you can purchase cigarettes that may just kill you at 18, you should be able to purchase alcohol at 18.

What do you think?
(Oh, and the age *is* 18 in a lot of other countries.)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think enlisting, driving, drinking, smoking, voting and whatever else should all be legalized for individuals who have turned 18.

If you're an adult, you're an adult. Period. There's no "you're and adult...except kinda..sorta...not really." That makes no sense.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• hell no if anything it should be higher
    charrenee

Answer by charrenee at 7:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Hell no, in fact they should raise it to 25 and have stricter laws on it.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it should be lowered to 18. But I also don't think you should be able to purchase a weapon or cigarettes either at 18.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i think if people are wanting to change the age for this, i think it should change so that 21is the legal adult age....

i think a lot of 18 yr olds r immature still.. i know i was....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I dont think most kids are mature enough at 18 so no. Yes they are going to do it regardless but not everyone does it and if so not as often.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 7:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think they should raise the enlisted age to 21.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• In a lot of the European countries there is no legal age limit to drink but to purchase you have to be 16 or older depending on the countries I think these countries probably have less problems since it is not so taboo as it is here I kind of agree with it my FIL's family is from Italy and they see nothing wrong with letting a child have a small glass of wine

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No, I'd prefer they raised th eage you can join the service to 21. I'd definately keep drinking at 21 and I'd raise the driving age to 18. Teens are so immature.......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i think if you are military you should definitely be allowed to drink...however.. I personally feel that the driving age needs to be raised to 18, and smoking, guns, and legal adult age nedd to be bumped up to 21. this way college would be the normal and we would have a better educated society.
    Anonymous