tell me if this is true

my DD has a red mark on the nape of her neck. it looks all blotchy sortta and it has been there for awhile. she's 8 weeks old and it hasn't shown any signs of going away. my cousin told me that it could be a birth mark. is that tru or should i be going to a doctor for some ointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could check with the doctor to be safe and if its a birth mark theres no harm in asking anyways.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i would take her the ped. no matter what anyone says just to be safe!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• kids usually get them from the tags on there cloths thats why I always cut them out
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• birth mark my dd has one on her forehead it will go away as she gets older

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• all of her onsies don't have tags in them. they're all tagless
    Anonymous

• My son has a blotchy red birthmark on the nape of his neck. It runs in the family. My mum has it.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 7:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• mine had (and still has at 6 months) a hereditary birth mark on the back of her neck. my husband had it and so did his uncle and grandpa. it's usually doctors asking me what it is lol.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Strange you asked. My neighbor's grandbaby has a spot on the back of her neck. I commented, just yesterday, that it looked like a heat rash. She said the Ped. told them that alot of babies have this mark. This was the first one I've seen though.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• how about her other cloths tags can still poke at them through the onsies ,
    anyways both of my kids had it
    my four year olds went oway and my 7 month old still gets that spot on his back, sometimes when I forget to cut it off
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• my son had a red blotchy mark on the back of his neck also right at his hair line, when he was first born it was bright red then now 10 months later it has faded to almost gone, just ask your dr about it and see what they say
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009