Police Fiasco

My embarrassing moment yesterday was when I found a piece of jaw containing teeth in my backyard after digging up grass. Took it to the police station, they came to the house and roped off my backyard with the bright yellow, "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" tape. They called in the Texas Rangers. I had a police car blocking my driveway all afternoon. They sent it to the medical examiner's office in Ft. Worth, TX. The police had me write out a statement, stating why I thought it was human, being that I used to be a dental assistant for approx. 10 yrs. Turns out it was a PIG! SO EMBARRASSING!! Shows how much I learned as a dental assistant. OINK, OINK!! What's your embarrassing moment??

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• That gave me a good chuckle. Thanks!!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 7:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OMG, that is so funny. I would have done the same thing. How were you supposed to know? I don't have a story that I can think of, but yours was great.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• That's really funny. But did it make you wonder why you have a pig jaw in your yard?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well last summer I called the police on their non emergency line at like 2am because there was a bat inside my house. I said "I'm not sure there's anything you can do, but I thought I'd call and ask. My husband is at work, an hour's drive, and he can't leave because he's the supervisor.' They said, we'll see what we can do. Ten mins. later a cruiser pulled up and the gentlemen came in, I told him that I was awfully sorry about having to call. He laughed and said, that's okay, the go on about three of these calls a year. The only time he ever laughed was when a man answered the door. But my friends and family laughed at me for months! We live in a small town obviously. Still now our house is known as the "bat cave". That particular bat was number four!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• OP here, I liked to have never went to sleep last night. I kept hearing things going "bump" in the night. Finally, at 4am, I got up and took a muscle relaxer so it would knock me out! I guess now instead of "bump" in the night, it will be "oink, oink" in the night. lol
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• At least you were brave, I would have never picked it up, I would have called 911, and told them to come get it,I guess I look at too much Law and Order.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• lol . When I was a kid I had this friend of my sisters. He wanted to show my sister a defense move and use me as a guinea pig. I had to fart and so was against. Well I was over ruled, had my feet up, butt in his face, and farted. I was mortified. But atleast I was let down and not messed with later...
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I dont have a story of my own, but dont feel to bad. The police obviously thought it was "human" enough to send it off for testing.

I was reading the story though imagining Bones or someone like that digging in your yard, lol...
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh, there are way to many of them. I think the funniest was when I ended up flat on my butt on ice. My dang tail bone still hurts from that.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009