Im sure this question gets asked alot: What is the best way to potty train my son?

He is a year and a half, and he is so interseted in the bathroom and everything that has to do with going to the potty. I know it's probablly common sense, but what is the point of training pants? They are more expensive than diapers, and they do the same thing? are they really necessary? And what's the best way to go about potty training?

BrittanyShay

Asked by BrittanyShay at 7:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well training pants can easily slide off, unlike diapers. if he's interested, then put him on the potty every half hour or so. make a big deal that it's potty time, set a timer if you want. don't get frustrated if it doesn't work at first, i've helped potty train alot of kids, i worked in 4 daycares, and my son is so hard headed. i finally got him going poo poo in the potty every day, but peeing is a total different story, i can set him on that freakin potty every 15 minutes and he'll hold it until he's got a pull-up on. uuggghhh!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• you might as well have a diaper because the others not so great, you pay more for less, its silly. and kids don't know the difference if they have never had it
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 8:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i would wait until he is talking clearly & letting you know when he has went pee or poo in his pants. pull ups are more expensive but also easier to deal w/ when making frequent potty visits. all kids are different - my daughter was almost 3 when she was totally trained - good luck:)
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009