Is it okay for a child to eat gerber graduates pasta pick ups without heating them?

The directions say to microwave for 30 seconds, but we're going to be in a hotel all weekend with no microwave. Would it be okay to feed them to her room temp?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Are they fully cooked to begin with?

I never used Gerber crap....Had a major issue with some of their jarred foods and they refused to do anything about it.

Better to just feed what you're eating.

Anonymous

• That's what we normally do, but we will be eating fast food most of the trip so I doubt there will be much I can feed her in that regards. The gerber stuff is my back up.
    Anonymous

• I would just feed them small bits of whatever you're eating, less to pack and less sodium in their diet.
    Anonymous

• Yes, its ok. They are fully cooked. Heating them up is just that, heating them. You can, however, see if the hotel has a breakfast bar. If so then you could probably use that microwave at just about anytime...call and ask.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I agree - it's okay. My DS never liked them heated so I fed them to him at room temp. right from the can. He's been done with Gerber food for over a year and he's okay!
    Anonymous

• I did. The chicken and stars to.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My grandmother used to say most things should be eaten at room temp. We always followed that advice since it's all precooked. I don't heat anything that's already cooked, unless it's frozen.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes, they can be eaten at room temp. I know many kids that like them that way. They are already cooked.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Why not pack a cooler with healthy foods? I have a huge list of bagged lunch ideas that I would be happy to forward to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• We don't have room for a cooler.
    Anonymous