sloppy joes...neat joes??

how do i make a sloppy joe..less sloppy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• lol... put like a couple spoonfuls on the buns and smash.. thats what i do for my 2 year old...or you could just use less sauce and cook like hambugers or something..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i've been using a fork and eatting it along side a bun rather than on it for along while now..that's why i asked lol
    Anonymous

• I out it on the bun and use a fork. For the kids I do what the first poster said...put a little on and squash. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My DH get food all over the dang place he says "if it doesnt get all over the place it doesnt belong in your face" haha well I started putting his On a hot dog bun insted and not filling it completely. Its way less messy
    Anonymous

• You could add a tablespoon of flour while it's still cooking. It cooks up and thickens the sauce without leaving it runny or too lumpy.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Sloppy JoJos in the crockpot
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1 large yellow onion, diced
    1 celery stalk diced
    1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (if you have sensitive skin, wear gloves)
    1 red or green pepper, seeded and diced
    2 tsps. chili powder
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    1-1/2 cups brown lentils, rinsed (not red lentils)
    14-1/2 oz diced tomatoes (I use muir glen fire roasted, if I have them)
    3 cups water or vegetable broth
    2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce or tamari or braggs
    1 tbsp. prepared yellow or brown mustard
    1 tbsp. sugar to cut the acid
    1 tsp. salt or to taste and add at the end of cooking.
    Fresh pepper to taste (I use cayenne pepper)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Heat the oil in a skillet (I do this all in the crockpot) and saute the onion, celery, jalapeno pepper, and red or green pepper and chili powder for a few minutes until onion and celery are tender but still firm. Transfer the mixture to the crockpot. Add the lentils, tomatoes, water, soy sauce, mustard and sugar. Add pepper. Stir. Add the salt at the end, this
    keeps the lentils from taking long to cook and becoming tough. Cover the crockpot, set it on low and cook for 7-8 hours. Or 1 hr on high and 6-7 on low. Serve on whole wheat buns and have a lot of napkins.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009