at what age

can babies use jumperoos & exersaucers?

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 4 months when we put him in the exersaucer. He was too little to move it but he liked sitting up and playing with whatever was right in front of him.
    Anonymous

• When they have good head control. I put a towel behind my son in his bouncy because he was little still. He really didn't care about it until he was seven or eight months. But I still offered it.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• It depends on the child. I don't think safely until they can sit up on their own, however I put both my kids in an exersaucer at 3 months when they developed strong neck muscles. As long as their feet cannot touch the bottom it should be safe. My dr. was worried that they could hurt their legs or jar their neck from bouncing. My kids learned to turn themselves around by pulling on the toys. I would ask your dr. first though.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I started putting my son in his johnny jump-up, which I'm guessing is the same thing as a jumperoo, when he was able to hold his head up well. I think he was around 2-3 months. I just stuck blankets all around him. He liked to be able to look around without being held.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i put mine in at 3 months didnt like it much though till bout 5 months along
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 8:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When they have excellent head control and pretty good upper body control.
    I put mine in her Jumperoo at 4 months. I had to put a box under her feet since she was too small to reach the floor. I also packed a couple baby blankets around her, inside the seat. She LOVED it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009