What is your best advice for someone starting a direct sales business?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Always carry your business cards and look professional when you go out. You never know when you'll meet potential customers.
    Anonymous

• The best advice I got when I started my direct sales business, Don't listen to the ones who failed. Get to know the successful people and let them mentor you. That's what I did and know I am able to pass it on. Wishing you lots of success.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 10:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Best advice is you better have money to run a smooth business, you will need to pay for advertising, most times leads, your website or monthly membership and any other additonal fees that pop up.
    Anonymous

• You know more people than you think. Make a top 100 list including dry cleaners, church and members, dentist, doctor office, bankers, local pharmacy, all kinds of people. You should have enough people on that list to help get the word out. At least that's what worked for me.
    http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Direct Sales? My advice would be dont try direct sales, no one is buying!

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My best advice is this... Trust in yourself! If you believe in your product or service others will too. But if you aren't 150% in love with what you do, you aren't going to succeed. Take your time when picking a business. Find one you are PROUD to tell your family about not try to sell them on. The best salesman doesn't ever sell, they just introduce.

Never give up because you have some negative people out there trying to tear you down. Hold you head high and know that you CAN do this! Being self employed is never easy! But a good direct sales company will give you the tools you need to become great, you just have to know you can use them, grab hold and go...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Network, network, network.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009