Bottlefeeding my newborn

my question is, if i am traveling and need to feed him, can i make a bottle before hand in case he gets hungry if not left mixed awhile or take the dry formula and make a bottle when needed?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 8:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If i were you I would pre measure the water and just take the can of formula with you. Make it when you need it. Bottles are only good for up to an hour after you make them. I always gave my children room temp water, but if you use warm then buy a bottle warmer for the car.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would take the can of formula && go ahead && fill some bottles with the correct amount of water. Then when he's ready to eat just mix the powder with the water in the pre-filled bottles.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can get the premade formula. That stays good at room temp until you open it. Once opened only good for about 2-3 hours.
    Anonymous

• I always just carried a bottle of water, the can, and a bottle.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 8:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• They have those containers at the store maybe walmart I know target that has three slots and you can premeasure the formula and you can for three bottles then either fill the bottle with the amount of water needed or use a bottle water you can take the measure scoop if you aren't sure how much and just put a certain amount in and then go from there....
    Anonymous

• I always bring a certain amount of bottles prefilled with water and just bring the can.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009