Do you think it is unfair of God to expect people to believe in him with no proof?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think it is unfair of people to expect a belief in God and then get upset when someone asks for proof, but as for the actual question, I don't think I can answer that as I do not believe in a personal diety.
    Groovy-flor

Answer by Groovy-flor at 8:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Quite.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Well, there isn't really any "proof' that my god exists either, other then what I feel and believe. So, I can't really say it's unfair. Why should they have to prove anything to anyone? But, if you have faith in your chosen God, your own existence should be proof enough for you.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No its not unfair! People who follow god, have faith! That is more to some then "proof" is!
    Anonymous

• No, and proof is all around us.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• WHO EVER SAID GOD WAS FAIR? HE DOESN'T EXPECT ANYTHING FROM US, IT'S OUR CHOICE TO BELIEVE OR NOT, THE FACT THAT I DO BELIEVE ONLY COMES BY FAITH. AS I TELL PEOPLE "YOU WOULD BE CRAZY TO BELIEVE THAT NOTHING WAS MADE FROM NOTHING, BUT IT ALL GOES BACK TO FAITH AND THE FEELING THAT I GET WHEN I FILL HIS PRESENTS IN MY SOUL."

JsanderBug

Answer by JsanderBug at 8:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I also believe the proof is all around us. The Lord has blessed my family in so many ways I can't NOT believe in Him, not to mention this beautiful world He created by His command. For those of us who have a relationship with Him.......it's easy to know He's there and that He loves us and cares for us. His fingerprints are on everything in my life.....even though you can't "see" them.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I think a lot of things about God/Jesus /Christianity are unfair. Why am I "born a sinner" because of two people that have nothing to do with me. Why am I born with natural inclinations to "sin" and then forced to constantly fight the desires He gave me. That's just a few. I could go on...
    Dara.M

Answer by Dara.M at 9:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I have said before and I'll say again, I don't want a God that humans can prove. Think about it if humans can prove God then their intelligence is more than or equal to His. I don't want a God that is less than humans.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I dnt think he expects us to believe in him. He WANTS us to. He gave us free will so we had the power to choose for ourselves. He wants us to have faith, to believe in him. If there was solid proof, how could we deny him?

I dont think it's unfair of him even if he expected us to. He created us. But he loves us enough to let us choose for ourselves.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009