Are you embarrased to tell people that you work outside of the home?

CafeMom is the only place that I have ever seen that looks down on women that work. Why is this? When you say I work at such and such they come out with their claws and call you an unfit mother. So, is there anyone that is ashamed that they are working mothers?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 8:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm embarrassed to tell people that I'm a SAHM. I mean, I'm not *HERE*, but in real life I really am. I had a waiter tell me "Oh, lucky you." in a really contemptuous tone. It's like I'm supposed to friggin apologize for being knee high in shit and spit up and housework all day?!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Absolutely not ashamed at all. I am doiing what I have to do to take care of my family just like other working moms. Or maybe they just like their jobs! I don't look down at SAHMoms, but I think it is hard to work full time and raise kids, too!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Nope. I love my job. Most days lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No, I am proud of myself that I'm a working mom,who never missed a school meeting, who cooks everyday,my house is cleaner than clean. And, I'm disabled. It's all about how you feel about yourself,thats important. I feel good,and so do my DH,who always telling me, to sit down,I like doing what I do,being a helpmate.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• No, I am a nurse and proud of what I do. It also allows me to work less days so I spend lots of time with the kids. I have never been ashamed to be a working mom...on CM or otherwise.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• LOL I brag about it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I haven't seen any bashing about working or not working, but I must not be paying attention to those types of posts. :)
    I wouldn't be ashamed at all and I don't think anyone else should, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'm embarassed to say that I'm a SAHM. My lawyer called yesterday and asked my husband and my occupation. I felt bad telling her I don't work. When I told her I don't work she did make me fell better though, she was like "honey I used to stay home when i first had my child so yes you do work just at home... I didn't feel as embarassed after. I mean my husband makes more than enough to support us, but I feel like I need to help too. My husband wanted me to quit my job to take care of my daughter though.
    Anonymous

• I have been both, but currently stay at home. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. And I havent ever been embarassed to admit to either.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• nope, I'm not embarrassed to say that I work. I have worked since I was old enough to [[16]].

HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009