My foot is really swollen!

i'm 19 weeks and my foot is really swollen

its just my left leg which i had ankle surgery on in feburary so i'm wondering if its due to the ankle surgery or is it a pregnancy thing? i was thinking if its caused by my pregnancy wouldn't it be both legs?

what are good remedies to get rid of this

a lady told me its caused by high blood pressure but i just had that taken friday and its normal

MsQuiana

Asked by MsQuiana at 8:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm thinking it probably has to do with the surgery. If it was from pregnancy it would most likely be both ankles. I had foot/ankle surgery in March and it still swells if I do to much walking. Keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go away soon talk to your Dr. As for things to help, try ice and elevate your foot. Hope you feel better soon!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Elivate your feet above you heart. I was swollen to the point I could feel the water moving in my feet. It was so gross. Talk to you OB when you see her or call them. If you pressure was high then your doctor would be concerned. Drink plenty of fluids to help flush it out. Other then that there isn't much you can do. As far as it not being both ankles, it could be that the baby is sitting on something that is preventing to other side from swelling, or it is the surgery, or some other reason the docotr could tell you. Good luck , I now it is uncomfortable.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• thats what i figured because when my aunt was pregnant both of her feet were swollen
    i looked it up on how to get rid of it and the results were saying not to drink much water and stay away from fruits & vegetables but due to being pregnant im supposed to have plenty of both so im confused on what to do =-/
    MsQuiana

Answer by MsQuiana at 8:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009