Asking for money from family would you in this situation?

Ok well first off I usually HATE to ask my family for anything. We found a duplex that is perfect for us the rent is cheap and it's huge (1450 sqft ) . The only down side is we need the deposit the day we sign the lease (this weekend possibly) . My hubby isn't working his full time hours so we are trying to save as much money as possible since I have been a SAHM since our 2 year old was born . My hubby says that he can handle the rent since it's $100 cheaper than what we pay now but the deposit is going to kill us since they need it ASAP we don't have enough time to save up that $800 .
My grandma helps out my uncle and aunt all the time everytime I talk to my mom she tells me that grandma gave them $$ to do this and $$ to do that . I am honestly thinking of asking her to help us out and let us borrow some money even if it's just half or something . We need out of this apt. its way little for 2 adults and 2 kids .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Never ask family or friends for money and don't lend it to them either.
    Anonymous

• I took out a loan from my grandparents. Me and my husband needed the money after we had to move with the military and the army didnt give us the money they were suposed to so we were stuck. I called him and had to get 1400 from him and i paid him back with the tax return we got in feb. But before that i took a loan from him to consolidate debt for 7200 and am paying him over 3 years. 1 year down and only 2 to go. But when i have extra cash to pay him i do. I am also giving him intrest (my husbands idea) he dosnt like taking money from someone and not giving them extra when paying it back because that is money that they could be using but they were nice enough to let us use it. But if you need it then ask. And tell them how long you would need to pay them back. Set up a contract. Im at an understand with my grandparents that if i dont pay them it will go to collections and if still no payment then they will sue me.
    Anonymous

• Go right ahead and ask her. You will never know the answer if you don't ask. I also know what your talking about with the apt being to small. Call grandma up and ask her.
    Good Luck.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would ask, but at the same time, sit down and figure out a payment plan to pay her back if she agrees so she doesnt feel like she is just being used for the money. I dont see anything wrong with that though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Now, I have a problem asking grandparents for money, because this is usually money they are saving for their retirement,if you knew you wanted to move,instead of being a SAHM,why didn't you get a part-time job working the hours your husband would be home,so you wouldn't have to pay for a sitter. Yes,parents and family can help,but,only if you have done everything in your powers to help yourself,sound tough,but it's right.
    Anonymous

• Tried finding a part time job but it is VERY hard for ANYONE in our town to find one since our town is a factory town and unemployeement is VERY high where we live (Indiana) . I can't even get a part time job at Burger king or McD's ! My old job before I had my DD won't even take me back since they have laid off 75% of their employees. I wish I could get a part time job I just can't find any around where I live the closest place that I could look for a job that might have better chances is 40 mintues away and that would NOT be worth it.
    Anonymous