Am I less of a person if I don't finish my degree?

I went to college for almost 3 years, but I don't have a degree and every time I think about going back I'm stopped because I don't know if I really want to go through the hassle of college again. I want the paper to show something for my work, but I don't really want to do the work anymore. I also just want to take classes because I love learning. Should I go back and get my degree?

ACL2007

Asked by ACL2007 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You totally should! Getting my degree was the biggest accomplishment of my life! What you need to do is sit down and figure out which program you want to complete and actually take the classes relevant to the pattern and just do it! FYI it took me a total of 6.5 years to get my bachelors.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't put in three years and then get nothing for it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• If you want to take classes for the love of learning, go back. Or check out a local Adult School for low stress, fun classes (no credit involved).

If the degree will help you earn more money in the future, go back. Take it slow if you need. If your college will accept transfer credits in your final year, look into correspondence courses.

If it's just the piece of paper you want, go back if you have the time, money, and don't mind the effort. But it's just a piece of paper. You already have something to show for your effort - the knowledge you've gained, including how to tackle large projects and learn complex topics.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Go for it. But with what the tittle says no you wouldnt be less of a person. There are alot of people that dont even finish high school. But if its the time you would have then just take one class at a time. Thats what im going to start doing. If it takes longer to get the paper then so be it. At least your doing it!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I would go back and finish. What a waste of money to just stop short of finishing. I have my 40K piece of paper and have yet to put it to use except for parenting my son. Just take online classes if it is hard to get to school but please go back and finish. It will feel so good to be done and know that you accomplished this feat in life.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh, please go back and finish,thats like dropping out of school in the 12th grade. I wish you luck.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2009