Horrible heart burn and no more tums! HELP!

I ran out of tums yesterday. What can I do or take safley for this, or do I have to go out and get more tums?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 8:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when you do go out and buy tums don't buy them.. buy pepcid complete.. i get raging heartburn to the point i have to sleep sitting up so the acid doesn't run up.. but i was taking ALOT of tums before my dr told me to take pepcid so now i take one every 24 hr. and have been fine
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• BAKING SODA AND WATER!!! ITS GROSS AS HELL BUT DO IT, IF YOU DONT HAVE THAT I WOULD TRY MILK... JUST TIL YOU CAN GET MORE TUMS... I DONT SEE HOW TUMS WORK FOR YOU, I HAVE TO USE MAALOX. WORKS SO FAST... YOU SHOULD TRY THAT.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• EWW ALMOST FORGOT.. A TABLESPOON OF VINEGAR SHOULD HELP ALSO, IVE NEVER USED IT BUT A LOT OF MOMS HAVE SUGGESTED IT BEFORE
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Milk thats what i always would drink and it helped sooo much! I couldnt eat anything without getting heartburn so i always had a glass of milk. Hope you feel better
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• ALLIE637,,is right,Baking soda and water will work. It taste nasty though.

Answer by louise2 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My midwife gave me a prescription for Zantac 300mg, but said I might be able to find it OTC. The highest dosage OTC was 150mg, that I saw, anyway. I got the prescription for the 300mg, but if I were you I would try the 150mg. The Zantac have really really helped me out. I was popping Tums like crazy and now I only need them about once or twice a day. Usually when it's getting to be a couple of hours before it's time for the daily Zantac.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Zantac...It's over the counter, approved for pregnancy, and you can take the maximum strength. Tums just doesn't cut it for me with the heartburn I get when pregnant. I also discovered that the generic Zantac doesn't help. But maximum strength (150 mg) name brand Zantac works great.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2009