• In the Spotlight:

Legitimate jobs for SAHMS!!

Ok, I need your help! I would like some ideas on what a SAHM mom can do for extra cash. I know there is the day care option, and there are surveys. I can play with the idea of child care, but I get tired of surveys being an option. I have tried that route, and it was always a scam. So, what other ideas are there?

Miss-Baby-Baker

Asked by Miss-Baby-Baker at 8:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• There is child care, you could do companion work for an elderly or disabled person. Avon. Gargage sales
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Pyramid schemes. Selling term life. Makeup. Scrapbooking stuff. Kitchen stuff. Candles. Sex toys. Wine parties.
    Anonymous

• Keep your options open… I too faced that question… Day care is good, but you work long hours and deal with payments.... Owning your own business is a great way to control you income and set your own time schedules…. When looking we didn’t want to store product or do any shipping… We found digital products that have a complete turnkey system… three entry levels to choose from and a personal store included… it is like anything you find out there … you will get out of it what you put into it…..
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 8:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Yes, you can work online like I do. It's free and easy. http://freewebs.com/free2workathome
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• m-avi

I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They do contain ideas for starting your own home based business as well as resources, ideas and links.  You can check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    This is what I do, and I completely love it. It's sooo easy. Check it out, and let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to help.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Avon has been a great answer for me. I love it and have been able to make a real income at it. Its only $20 to start www.start.youravon.com use ref code dhullum on that site you can view a video that explains a little more about the company! Feel free to pm me with any questions too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2009