craziest/dumbest thing someone has said to you about your kid(s)

I have had a lot but the most memorable was when my kids were younger.

When my DS was 2 weeks old and my DD was 15 months old I had them in the double stroller at JcPenney's. DD was sitting in the front and DS was in his infant seat on the back of the stroller. I had 2, yes 2, different ladies come up to me and tell me they were cute and then ask me "ARE THEY TWINS?" I of course said NO but I wanted so badly to say something smart like "yeah, he was born normal size, she came out walking, talking, mouth full of teeth weighing 25 pounds!" I mean really? I would never ask someone that has a newborn and a toddler if they were twins!!

When my DD was about 8 months I also has an old woman argue with me about whether my DD was a girl or not?!!? She really wanted to start a fight with me over it!

Whats the craziest/dumbest thing someone has said to you about your kid(s)?

Vsoul0608

Asked by Vsoul0608 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was told my 6 month old had ADHD. Because he stayed awake for a few hours at a time w/o sleeping.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• i get that too my boys are exactly 2 years apart and my 6 yr is 4'5 and is blonde with blue eyes my 4 yr old is 4ft and light brown hair and brown eyes...ppl always ask if they are twins and im a smart ass so i say they are
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I can top your "are they twins?". I have identical girls, I also have an older daughter. The twins were less than a year old and dd#1 would have been around 3. I had the twins in the stroller and dd was walking with me. An old man came up to me and asked if they were triplets. Besides the age difference my oldest is light complected and blue eyed like me. The twins are colored like my hubby who is Puerto Rican.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• a few days after my cousin had her 2nd baby i took her to the store to pick up some things. she can NOT breastfeed because of medication she has been on since she was a teenager. she went through the store grabbed a few things (Mt Dew, bread, cereal etc) then she went to get some formula. this old lady stopped us and asked us if we were lesbians and how we concieved our baby! then she followed us to the baby aisle and started flipping out say "are you really going to feed your baby that radioactive junk?" my cousin was like "what this formula?" the lady said "yes that stuff is toxic to babies" and my cousin smiled...turned around and responded calm as ever '" o no the formula is for me, I like it in my cereal, the Mt Dew in the cart is for in the baby's bottle! I would never think of feeding my baby this shit called formula!!" I couldnt help but to bust out laughing. They lady quickly left us alone!!
    Anonymous

• My son's name is after his dad, and it is Esteal Ray IV, his dad is the 3rd so I really couldnt get out of it, and they both go by Ray. I had anurse at his 2 week check up argue with me if he was a girl or not, I kept telling her no, it was an old fashioned name and he went by Ray, she wanted to keep arguing with me, finally when I went to take his diaper off to weigh him she snoted and said "oh, I guess you really did name a boy that huh? Poor kid" I know the name isnt ideal, but hell why do you think it is okay to say that to anew mom?

I am pregnant again, and my grandma told me last week I was going to drown the baby because I went swimming last week, lol.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was born with a cleft lip and palate so, her teeth or messed up but they're all there. She had surgery to fix her lip but it's still obvious that she was born like that. We met up with someone I know and she look at my daughter and asked how she got her tooth knocked out.... I just wanted to knock out her teeth. How stupid was she to assume this and say it.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• When I was preg I worked as a waitress, u can imagine I had a lot of convos w/ ppl re my child to be. I had a lady say that I was having a boy I told her the sono said girl but she persisted to say I was carrying low & that there was no way it was a girl. After a couple more mins she then blurted out well she'll be a lesbian for sure all b/c I was carrying low! I had a man say he wouldnt dare bring a child into this world w/ it being so horrible & I said well hopefully I'll do a good job. He then said no matter how well I tried I would fail in the end b/c the world is so corupt! When my DD was 7 mo she was on script formula so I went to the store to pick it up & they messed it up somehow telling me to come back in 2 days I got mad. The kid behind the counter looked at my DD then said "she dosent look hungry to me so I think she'll be fine for 2 days"! I wanted to scream so bad lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• lol...nope, never really had anyone say something stupid or dumb to me about my kids. but i do get alot about me and my sis being twins. i finally started getting fed up about it and once when someone asked us if we were twins i said "yep, our mom broke the world record on labor, she was in labor for 18 months" sad part is one guy believe me! guess i said it realistic enough lol!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh, you don't even want to know. My hubby and my oldest look like identical twins. We have even had people tell us that seeing my son is like seeing my DH at that age again. That's not the funny part. There was a woman who commented on my son while we were in the store and she asked if my dh was the father. WTF? Hubby got mad, but I thought it was hilarious. And, since all three of our kids look like their dad, I have had people ask me if I am sure they are mine. lol
    -AShley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• My birth father (yes you read right my own father) told me that my daughter was going to grow up with a poisoned mind because I spoiler her and that she would be a piece of trash like my mom and myself. All because I won't talk to him because he disowned me at 13.

I had my dd my nieces and my nephew all with me in Wal-mart walking around waiting for my sil to return something and some older man walked up to me and said "well with all those kids you must be a busy girl what are you like 17 with 4 kids" I just smiled and looked at him and said well I started young I'm trying for my own soccer team
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2009