Dont know how to cook it....

So i have never made chicken still on the bone. I have alot of legs and thighs because when i was in the hospital after having my son the inlaws stocked the house with it. But i dont know any way to cook it.And quick easy ways to make it. All i can think of is that shake and bake....but DH isnt fond of the crispy outside. Please help me out!!

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 8:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We usually grill legs and thighs. Rub with olive oil, sprinkle with any spices in your drawer, lol. We usually use S&P, garlic powder, lemon pepper and some red pepper flakes for a kick. Other times I just marinate in italian dressing or some of that fabulous Soy Vay teryaki (how on earth do you spell that??) marinade.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• you can bake it or put it in a crock pot with a little of your favorite seasonings
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• You can boil it, de-bone it, and then use it in a chicken noodle soup, chicken enchiladas, or chicken and rice. Or buy a buffalo wings seasonig mix and make them with that in the oven. With rice, covered in salsa and cheese. Not sure what else...
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Fried- you take some flour, salt, pepper and any other seasonings you want put them in a gallon size trash bag, shake the chicken and fry it on medium or medium low until tender outside and 160 degrees on a meat thermomometer.

Baked- This gets gooy, but it comes out very moist.  Preheat oven to 400.  Get a couple of big spoons full of mayo and with your hands coat the chicken well.  Then take seasoned bread crumbs and cover them.  Bake for about an hour. 

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• 3 words SHAKE AND BAKE
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Put it on the frill and baste with barbecue sauce last 15 min of cooking time. or make chicken caccitore, go to foodnetwork.com for recipes
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Grill or bake with BBQ sauce or drizzle a little olive oil on it and season as you like and bake it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Oh and if you like blue cheese I have a great recipe for blue cheese chicken...the chicken is browned first and then baked in the oven...but I know not everyone likes blue cheese...let me know and I'll post the recipe.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• bake it covered with foil. It comes out very tender and will fall of the bone. With vegetables it is even better. I also use these seasoning packets where you bake the chicken in a bag with vegetables. They are by McCormick and taste great.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Put them in a 9x13 pan. cover with diced onions, and put some slices of butter here and there. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and maybe some garlic salt if you got it. Cover with foil. Bake 350 for about 45mins-1 hr. Last 5 mins, uncover so skin can brown or use your broiler. YUM! Serve with white rice.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2009