Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

custody question?

I have a four year old and am expecting another one this september. I'm now a single mom who is looking some advice on filing for full custody. The father of my children is suffering from a mental disorder (bipolar) and refuses to seek help or take medication. I dont believe he's fit to be a father to my children. What are my chances of winning full custody over my children?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in About CafeMom

Answers (2)
  • You should be fine.Is it documented that he is Bipolar??? If he refuses to seek treatment then the judge should award you full custody, atleast until he can prove he has sought help and is better.

    Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

  • Here if you go file for childsupport they will award you full custody and the only way he will be able to fight it is if he has the money for an attorney, the state will represent you for free as far as the childsupport thing goes. ANd if he does get an attorney, have it put in the papers that he only gets visitation if he seeks the help he needs.

    Answer by AK_aries at 9:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.