What is a good light weight stroller?

We are taking a trip to DC soon and I want to get a good light weight stroller. I have one of those cheapo's and it stinks. The wheels lock up immediately and it's like I'd be better off just carrying my son than to fight with this thing. We are using our credit card points so since I don't actually have to shell out the money I am thinking of investing in a really nice one (we're only on our first child so I'll get plenty of use out of it).

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 9:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmmmm....my friend got this really cool stroller at babies 'r' us. I'll ask her the brand. It was kind of like an umbrella stroller on sterids. It folds up really small but has all of the cool stuff a bigger stroller does (5 point harness, reclinig seat, basket...). I'll get the brand and get back to you! It was super cute also :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2009

• jogging strollers of any kind tend to be lighter and more manuverable. I have a baby trend double jogger and LOVE it. The downside of joggers is they tend to sacrifce storage space and other comforts in the cheaper models. but if you dont care about price you could get a great one! have fun on your trip :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Thanks for the advice, but I need something that folds more compact because we are traveling by car. We have a jogger that we got off of Craig's list but it doesn't fold very small at all so it won't be very efficient to pack into the car.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2009