why are YOU proud to be an american?

the 4th of july is coming up just around the corner, and this question has been on my mind all day....why are you proud to be an american?

USAF.Wife

Asked by USAF.Wife at 9:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Besides it's beauty, what exactly do we have to be proud of? Should we be proud of a corrupt government that lies and cheats and causes horrific harm and suffering to people in other countries? Are we proud of the fact that the majority of our population are ignorant of the reality of misdeeds and atrocities that have been committed?  We will have something to be proud of when we the people wise up and take back our country from the crooks and corporations that have enslaved us and stand up against persecution and poverty in other countries backed by the government and neocons that have resulted from our turning a blind eye for too many years. You can just keep looking through rose-colored glasses and believe this is such a wonderful country--freedom is a state of mind.  Treasure the rights that you have now, as those are surely in the process of being taken from you.

Anonymous

• I am now that we have a competent president in office. I was hanging my head under Bush.
    Anonymous

• I am proud to be an American because to start with, this is my home! I'm grateful to have the rights I have and be able to live in the country of opportunity.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• anonymous, you can honestly say you were never proud of your country until THIS president? if thats the case then what about this president makes you proud???
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 9:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I'mproud to be a American because I love my homeland I love the beautiful land we live in. the beautiful trees, lakes, rivers, oceans, farms and Victorian homes....baseball...cookouts.....football....tailgate parties.....snow skies.....water skiing....Home this is home......where I have Freedom because that's what our forefathers wanted for me and you to have freedom.....of speech....of religion.....to raise our families as we choose, in this rich and vast land called the United States of America.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• great answer bexi! thank you.
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• beautiful answer, tyme. thank you!
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 9:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

She said alot, I will add, the right to choose (elected officials, whether or not we like them, anything we are allowed to choose).. tradition..women's rights..the fact that ost poor people are considered peasants and treated like dump..we don't have to bow to our president..CNN..diversity..hope..and one day unity
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• most* and aren't considered..terrible typing
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• thank you mum & pip, these are also awesome answers!
    USAF.Wife

Answer by USAF.Wife at 10:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2009