3 month old and the flu

We were visiting my mother on Sunday and my brother was also there. He found out the next day that he has the flu. What should I watch out for with my 3 month old? Anything I should do?

doubleyouteeeff

Asked by doubleyouteeeff at 9:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't need to do anything just keep an eye on her if she seems fussy or like she doesn't feel well then take her temp. But she won't even show any symptoms if she is sick for 7-10 days... and there is nothing you can do to prevent it at this point so I wouldn't worry about it at all... if she gets sick then you can worry about it... just try to relax.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Just continue to breastfeed. You were exposed to the virus as well and there for will be passing on anti-bodies to the baby.
    Anonymous

• Like influenza or stomach flu?
    Influenza (which at his point would be swine flu because the regular flu season is over) high fever, cough
    Stomach flu- vomiting, diarrhea, not wanting to drink
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I am breastfeeding and I am just wondering what I should do? Should I just watch her or should I take her temperature periodically or what?
    doubleyouteeeff

Answer by doubleyouteeeff at 10:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2009