Alimony?

Can a woman still get alimony anymore? For what reasons would she likely receive it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think every state is different. But here in KY, you have to have been married for 10 years, and then I think it's called matinence and it's for a limited time, like a year or something. Sorry I couldn't be more help! :)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• I get alimony 3900 a month plus 2800 a month child support. We were married for 15 years and have one child together. I also got half of all our assets. He owns his own company so he had to buy me out of my half of the company. We live in California.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2009

• Anon must be nice, I was married 5 years, together for 12, we have one son, no alimony and i get $25 a MONTH in child support!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 24, 2009