• In the Spotlight:

What's the difference between Cytotec and Cervidil when being induced?

I know with Cytotec you have to be on costant monitoring during labor...Is the same true for Cervidil?

What are the other differences?

Has anyone been induced twice and had both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced and cervidil is just a pill they insert into your vagina to soften the cervix you dont need to be monitored with it at all. They put mine in at 7 at night and started my petocin at 7 the next morning. I dont know about the other one though. I would ask your doctor
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2009

• Don't use cytotec!!!! It is not labeled for use to start labor and can cause serious harm to YOU. Many women have almost lost their lives because of doctors using that drug for what it isn't intended to be used as!!

http://www.cytoteccase.com/

Anonymous

• Cytotec is a very dangerous drug that should not be used at all for inductions, please do not allow anyone to induce you with it. Read what is posted on the link the previous user posted..women have died because of cytotec inductions.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2009